Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cheesy Biscuits



Also, YUMMMM. I've been trying to figure out the recipe Red Lobster uses for their biscuits (SO good), and this isn't it...but they're pretty freaking fantastic anyway.

2 c. Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (I used medium, but I think sharp would be better)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 tsp garlic salt

Mix Bisquick, milk and cheddar until a soft ball forms. Beat vigorously for 30 seconds. Drop by balls
onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Mix butter and garlic and brush on rolls while still on the pan and hot.

Okay. I didn't measure the amount of cheese I put in. It was a nice handful. Also, I sprinkled garlic powder--not salt--into the mix and used real garlic to mix with the butter. Also, my biscuits didn't really get brown in the oven, so I was a little unsure if they were cooking through. Go 10 minutes and take them out if they're not browning. Yum!

The boring stuff:
Difficulty: 1.
Makes about 16 biscuits.
Takes all of 15 minutes. Tops. Including set up and clean up.

*As usual, I found this picture on google, but unusually, these look almost identical to mine! You can see how they're not really brown.

No comments: