Saturday, August 21, 2010

Stuffed Potatoes



Guys, this is delicious. Seriously. It was quick, relatively simple, hearty, filling, and excellently tasty! I even liked it, and I hate potatoes.

So, you will need:
One potato per person (I used Yukon Golds, but the original recipe asked for Russets)
Olive oil
Your favorite fresh herbs (I bought chives, but ended up using rosemary from my garden!)
Half a tablespoon of butter per potato
Milk
A shallot
A few slices of ham


So, fork your potatoes, rub them with olive oil, and nuke them in your 'wave for about 12 minutes, then let them cool for 8ish minutes.

Slice your shallots and sauté them in olive oil until just tender, about 3 minutes.


Chop your herbs and ham.

Split the potatoes down the middle, scoop out the flesh, and toss it in a bowl. (I thought I could bypass this step, which is why this picture shows the shallots inside the potato. Bypassing this step is not a great idea. Just sayin'.)
Mix it all up with the butter, shallots, herbs, and ham, and use milk to smooth it out.

Scoop the filling back into the potato skins and stick under a broiler for a couple of minutes, until warm and brown. Serve and enjoy!


Takes about half an hour.
Feeds as many as you need it to feed.

No comments: