Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Broiled Chicken


Here's a recipe I found in the bowels of my blog from last winter. I guess I never took pictures of it, which is probably why it was languishing in unpublished limbo. But I do remember making it, and I remember it being delicious (although, be warned: four bone-in chicken breasts is enough to feed a small army. Tim and I could easily be full on exactly ONE bone-in breast shared between the two of us).

Four bone-in, skin on chicken breasts
Half a cup unsalted butter, room temperature
Half a cup fresh parsley, chopped
One quarter cup fresh chives, chopped
One teaspoon dried tarragon

Preheat your broiler.

In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, chives, and tarragon. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Loosen the skin and slide the butter mixture under the skin on each breast. Melt any remaining butter and brush over the meat. Place the chicken, skin side down, in a shallow baking dish. Place under the broiler and cook for about 15 minutes.

Turn the chicken skin side up and brush with any remaining butter and pan juices. Broil for another 12-ish minutes, until the skin is golden brown and a thermometer reads 170F.


No comments: