Monday, May 4, 2009

Coke Can Chicken

This was my first opportunity to use the crock pot I got for the wedding. It was delightful. My house smelled amazing by noon, and lasted all day. This recipe is pretty good, but not stellar. It was an adequate rainy-Monday meal. At any rate, it's good, but I'm not planning to make it again any time soon.

Coke Can Chicken
1 Whole fryer, 3-4 pound
1 Lemon
1 Onion
1 Bottle BBQ sauce
1 Can of Coke

Peel the onion and cut it into quarters. Cut the lemon into quarters. Place the fryer in the crock pot. Toss in the onion and lemon. Pour in an entire bottle of BBQ sauce and an entire can of Coke. Cover and cook on low for eight hours or on high three to four hours.

For the record, I halved my lemon and squeezed it before I tossed it in. And the onion I had on hand had already been chopped in half, so I just sort of peeled away the layers and tossed them in. But by all means, you should quarter your onion.

Sorry about the crappy photography, I did this all in the darkest corner of my kitchen and had to use the flash. Yuck.



Difficulty: 1
Takes 8 hours
Feeds about 4.

No comments: