Monday, June 16, 2008

Grilled Buttermilk Herb Chicken


I know, I know, I'm a week overdue. Plans fall through and grandmothers die, so deal with it. On the upside, I've just inherited a century-old set of silver, which is just about the coolest thing ever. And my dad dropped off my graduation present this weekend--a brand new, shiny, gorgeous Kitchen Aid stand mixer, with the power and space to make six loaves of bread in one go. !!!! I'm in heaven.

And now, to dinner.

Two cups buttermilk
Rosemary
Thyme
Salt and pepper
Chicken breasts, thawed and halved.

Place your chicken in a large bowl and cover with herbs and seasonings. Pour the buttermilk over the top and let it soak for at least 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to two days covered in the fridge.

Heat your grill to medium. Remove the chicken and shake off excess buttermilk. Grill until cooked through, about eight minutes per side.

I served it with pasta salad (Tim's mom's recipe), fresh fruit, and brownies. Yum!

The boring stuff:
Takes about 20 minutes, plus soaking time.
Difficulty: 2
Feeds as many as you need it to feed.

No comments: