Saturday, April 5, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I can't even tell you how amazing these cookies are. This is one of my "secret" recipes, but it didn't seem fair to withhold it since it's available on the back of nearly every bag of chocolate chips in the country.

Yes, that's right. I use the Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I have no shame!

You will need:
Two and a quarter cups of flour
One teaspoon baking soda
One teaspoon salt
Two sticks of butter, softened (I always soften mine in the microwave. They end up a little melted, but it's all good.)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
One teaspoon vanilla
Two large eggs
Chocolate chips

I NEVER put nuts in my cookies, because that's not where nuts go.

Preheat your oven to 375F.

In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the baking soda, salt, and flour. Add the chocolate chips. Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool two minutes before removing from the cookie sheet. Enjoy with a tall glass of cold milk.

The boring stuff:
Makes about 36 cookies, depending on how big you like them.
Difficulty: 1.
Takes about half an hour, including bake time.

No comments: