Monday, March 3, 2008

Jessica's Mexican Chicken


Ole!

This recipe was brought to our house by a neighbor on the night my mom went to the hospital to bring me forth unto the world. I never liked it much as a kid, but it turned out spectacular tonight. I think it's probably because I made it with flour tortillas instead of corn.

1 roasted chicken
1 package of tortillas, corn or flour
2 cups sharp cheddar cheeses
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can diced green chiles

Shred or chop the chicken into bite sized pieces. Combine the three cans in a medium sauce pan and heat. Layer in the pan thusly: tortilla, chicken, sauce, cheeses. Repeat as necessary. Bake at 325F for 25-30 minutes.

I used a glass pie pan, because it was the perfect size for my flour tortillas, and I had just enough room to get in one layer. I also used 4 chicken breasts and roasted them for an hour, then shredded them. Simple. Easy. Delicious.

The boring stuff:
Difficulty: 3.
If you roast the chicken yourself, this will take about two hours to prepare. If you have pre-cooked chicken, it'll take maybe 45 minutes.
Serves 8, or 4 people twice.

No comments: