Monday, September 7, 2009

Pork Loin!

Another recipe I forgot to take pictures of! My head's not in the game this week; I apologize. But this is another one of those ridiculously simple recipes that doesn't need picture instructions. I also made it up completely by accident; I bought a pork tenderloin instead of a beef tenderloin and so I just sort of went with it.

One pork tenderloin, about two pounds (or smaller, if you can find it).
Lawry's (Do you know about Lawry's? I'd never seen or heard of it until I made this recipe about a year ago, and it's never left my pantry since. I use it all the time. It's delicious on everything.)
Lemon-Pepper seasoning, if you can find it.
A couple tablespoons of whole peppercorns

Preheat the oven to 390F.

Pummel your peppercorns! Use a heavy can, a mallet, a rolling pin, or your husband's thick head to break those babies up. They don't need to be much more than cracked a couple times, but this'll still take you a few minutes.

Put your tenderloin on a baking sheet and sprinkle exceptionally liberally with Lawry's and the lemon-pepper seasoning. Roll it over to make sure you get all sides. Press the peppercorns onto the loin and stick it in the oven for about 45 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to make sure it's completely done, and enjoy the heck out of it. I got a couple bites here and there that were a touch salty for my taste, but overall, it was incredible. Moist, succulent, juicy, tender....just really exceptional. Enjoy!

Feeds 6.
Difficulty: 1.
Takes about an hour.

No comments: