Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pasta with Chicken and Mozzarella....

...not quite a disaster. But close.

Whatever the trick is to getting cheese sauces right, I just haven't figured it out yet. Oh well. It tasted fine....it just didn't look so hot.

Two chicken breasts, sliced into strips
Salt and pepper
Eight ounces your choice of pasta
Four ounces mozzarella, in very small cubes or finely shredded
Quarter cup fresh parsley, chopped
Quarter cup shredded parmesan
One tablespoon butter.
If I was a vegetable person, I'd think that some fresh tomatoes or peppers or something would go great in this. As it is, I'm not, so I had salad on the side.

Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package. While it boils, grill your chicken breasts (or cook them however you like them best). When the pasta's done, reserve one cup of the water and then drain the noodles. Return the noodles to the pan and add the butter, mozzarella, parsley, and parmesan. Toss to combine, and add the pasta water a little at a time to create the sauce. Add in the chicken, season, and serve.

I had a little trouble with the sauce. I'm not going to lie. It was a little on the clumpy side. But you know, it tasted pretty good. So there.

No comments: