Friday, March 28, 2014

Sportsing.

I've felt incredibly lucky and fulfilled ever since I moved to Staunton.  I love what I do, but more importantly, I absolutely adore the people surrounding me.

Tonight I saw Servant of Two Masters at the ASC with my hilarious and intelligent friend Aubrey, and then went to our local watering hole to watch some important sportsing with the very dear Meredith and the incomparable Jordan. 

Our class right now is basically a troupe of the walking wounded: we have a broken leg, a broken wrist, several people battling mental disorders of varying degrees of severity, and a couple of people moving through the stages of grief.  We are a broken and beleaguered bunch, but I am beside myself with bliss.  My friends are incredible, talented, smart, and most of all, kind folks.  There's not much else to say; I just feel really damn lucky.

Last June, before I moved here, Tim and I were driving somewhere, and I said (apropos of nothing, as I am wont to do) "I can't wait to meet my new friends."  Girl, if you only knew then, you would have moved here six weeks earlier.

Shout out to the people who are making my days so bright: Marshall and Merlyn, Aubrey and Patrick, Meredith, Jordan, Kendra, Adrienne, Ian, Ziegs, Jamie, Lia, and Megan.

Just happy.  Happy, happy, happy.

No comments: