Monday, March 31, 2014

If this is the worst part of my day, I'm doing pretty good.

Things that made me angsty today (100% professor-induced):

  • Professor #1 has no concept of time management and wasted 90 minutes of my time. In 90 minutes, I could have finished two assignments.  Instead, I tried in vain to focus on some reading while all the things happened around me.  I finished four pages.
  • Professor #2 sent an email postponing tomorrow's class start time, but did not say when class would actually start.  We'll start "when this other thing finishes."  Okay...but what time is that other thing supposed to finish?  Just tell me where I need to be and when!
Things that made me super happy today (100% non-professor-related):
  • I woke up with my husband and my kitten snuggled in my bed.
  • I spent a few delightful, laugh-filled minutes this morning with some delightful, laugh-inducing friends.  Shout out to Marshall, who is always best when he is Nearshall and not Farshall, and who gives stupendous hugs, and who is just a really, really great member of the Face Club: a club for people who like each other's faces.
  • It was sunny and almost warm when I walked home from the theatre this afternoon.
  • I had a super tasty grilled cheese sandwich for lunch.
  • And then I had a delicious orange.
  • And then I had some perfectly wonderful honeycrisp apple juice.
  • And then I had some Monticello apple cider.
  • And then I had a salted caramel cupcake.
  • And then I had leftover chicken soup, which was so homey and wonderful.
  • (Anaphora!)
  • I had a really productive afternoon.
  • I took a dreamy bath this evening.
So, all in all, I had a pretty dang great day.

2 comments:

Ellen Margolis said...

Love your evening.

BOO! to professors.

jessiker said...

Gosh, professors are just the pits! Except when they teach. I love it when they TEACH!