Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Minor Miracles

After failing spectacularly on my first grad school assignment (and by "failing," I really mean "got a C") (by which I actually mean I scored 3.6 on an assignment worth a whopping 5 points) (and yes, I absolutely did get way too damn worked up over that), I got a 9 out of 10 on my very first grad school paper.  I wrote three drafts of a two-page paper, so damn right I got a 9 out of 10.  Let's hope this bodes well for the second two-page paper I turned in, where I worked up five drafts.  I've had a really horrendous couple of days here, letting myself get really stressed out, worked up, and overwhelmed about the end-of-semester crunch that's still six weeks away, so this feels like a small win.  I think in grad school, you have to take those where you can find them.  

I'm still trying to adjust to being a student for the first time in six-ish years, and a grad student at that.  I'm heading into my fourth week of classes, and I'm four-for-four in meltdowns per week.  They usually come on Wednesdays (I'm on campus for roughly 9 hours, and thus feel like there's no way I'm ever going to get anything done ever again, and I'm completely behind on all my work, and I'm never going to catch up ever, and why even bother because obviously I'm not smart enough to be here, ad infinitum), but this week's happened on Monday.  Let's hope that I can get through the rest of the week unscathed!

No comments: