Saturday, October 2, 2010

Friends!

I'm currently in the Amtrak lounge at Chicago Union Station, en route home (finally!) from a whirlwind tour of New York, DC, and Baltimore with my BFF and other lovely ladies. I spent a week doing things I can't do in good ol' FoGro, like eating fresh croissants while staring at the Washington Monument, or seeing a Broadway show, or making a pilgrimage to my Mecca to see my holy book (i.e. a copy of the First Folio at the Folger Shakespeare Library).

I've spent some time with some wonderful ladies (Tiffanie, Haylie, Sara, and Rachael), eaten some excellent food (croissants, muffins, cupcakes, duck fat fries, an incredible burger, a breakfast to die for), and seen some truly amazing sights (aside from the Washington Monument, a Broadway show, and the Folio, we also saw the Capitol building and got a backstage tour of the Smithsonian--complete with a jaunt through the tunnels).

Pictures and a new recipe are forthcoming; I just need to get home first. It'll be another couple days (I love the train, but it's been more than a week since I last saw my husband, and that's completely unacceptable), but the end is in sight. Oregon, here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sooooo happy you came out! I had an amazing time! I miss you already! travel safe, my love!