Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hiatus explained

Friends,

I apologize for my prolonged absence. I hadn't realized it'd been more than a month. Long story short, I've just found out that I'm pretty severely lactose intolerant and possibly allergic to wheat, as well. This last month has been an uphill struggle trying to figure out what I can and cannot eat and has therefore affected my cooking. I'll spare you the gory details of my stomach's rebellion, but suffice it to say that every day is a challenge and I feel ill most of the time.

However, I seem to have hit on a couple food groups that I can eat without feeling instantaneously nauseous, so I plan to be back in the swing of things come September. Until then, please bear with me and know that I have a delicious month in the works.

Until then,
Jessiker

No comments: